We just recently received an 18” Panoramic Mirror with the BaseClamp mounting system from SCOSCHE Industries. The mirror is pure quality, and the “BaseClamp” mounting system is one of the best we’ve ever used. These mounts also work great for other implements like their GoPro mount; flag mount; handholds; fire extinguisher mount; etc., etc. Available in exact sizing for 1.5”; 1.625”; 1.75”; 1.85”; 1.875”; and 2” diameter tubing complete with stainless hardware.
- While the mounting clamps are super simple and extremely low profile, we still had to remove our Polaris Accessory roof for the install. It is a tool-less design and pops up from the back.
- Before removing the plastic roof visor, we checked the centered mounting location for interference, and then marked the clamp location.
- On the RZR XP1000 we then had to remove the plastic roof visor for installation of the clamps. It is held on with four Torx bolts.
- Install the clamps over the frame in the areas that they will be mounted. Scosche provides you with a plastic protective sheet to protect against scratching, while forcing the clamp over your frame tube. Be sure to have the nut retainer side of clamp facing away from the cab. Install the mirror side of the clamp up into the BaseClamp, pop it “lock” into place and loosely install the stainless steel hardware. Repeat on the other side.
- Install the mirror side of the clamp up into the BaseClamp, pop it “lock” into place and loosely install the stainless steel hardware. Repeat on the other side.
- We reinstalled the plastic roof visor over the low profile clamps, and then reinstalled the roof. Sitting in the driver seat, you can set the mirror to your liking and tighten up the Allen bolts. You will need a 3/16 Allen and a 7/16” wrench for back up. As they say at Scosche, you are ready to Mount Up and Move Out! scosche.com