As most of you already know, Textron Off Road has taken over Arctic Cat with the sole intention of innovating and improving its off-road vehicle line up and offerings. They started with the Havoc and the Robby Gordon designed Wildcat XX was an even bigger example of their willingness and desire to both impress and impact the UTV market. A crossover sport-utility, followed by a full sport machine designed clearly to lead, or even reinvent the class! With great initial success, they’re not about to stop anytime soon.
The working class UTV should be next in line for its no-holds-barred Textron makeover, and that’s exactly what happened. In the interest of continuing to innovate and expand the lineup, Textron introduces the all-new, pure-utility 2019 Prowler Pro and Prowler Pro XT. Built by precision engineers in Thief River Falls, both models will focus on the driver experience with quiet gas power and unmatched reliability. Textron is known for a legacy of designing and producing military combat vehicles, military helicopters and advanced marine craft. They claim to use the same technology and standards that keep our warfighter safe, to make the Prowler Pro a formidable work partner.
QUIET, SMOOTH, & COMFORTABLE
A true working UTV should be confident, quietly traversing farm fields, tending to livestock, and even pacing the thrill of the hunt. The Prowler Pro is centered on, and powered by an 812 cc EFI engine with 50 Hp. It’s whisper-quiet, offering all the grunt necessary to be a reliable work partner, or haul out big game. The Prowler Pro’s strong, silent engine is complimented with vibration-reducing engine mounts and rubber isolated muffler for even further decreased sound and exhaust noise. Textron partnered with Roush, TOR developing the rubber-mounting system, for a whole new level of smoothness. The exhaust system is engineered and tuned for optimized low sound at idle and common cruising speeds. Textron truly dedicated unlimited technology and attention to keeping the Prowler Pro as quiet and vibration free as humanly possible for the best possible experience.
Driving and operating the Prowler Pro is smooth as butter with drive-by-wire technology that is matched to a carefully calibrated CVT drive system. This system is said to provide ultra-smooth acceleration and off-gas deceleration. The drive-by-wire system is even programmed to compensate for unintended “foot bounce” on the gas pedal, maintaining smooth power delivery when riding over rough terrain.
The comfort needed for tough tasks and long days in the field is accomplished with very impressive suspension travel numbers for a utility machine. Rough terrain is literally smoothed out with 10 inches of travel up front, and 9.5” inches in the rear. Twenty-six inch Pro Terrain tires provide 10.75” of ground clearance, and easily tackle rutted farm fields and the toughest hunting trails.
CAPABLE, SERVICEABLE & RELIABLE WORK PARTNER
The Prowler Pro is more than ready to work with impressive storage and hauling capacity. Eighteen cubic feet of overall storage is accomplished with a 14.72 cubic-foot cargo box that’s ready to haul plenty of gear or game. The cargo box is impact-resistant, and the modular, in-cab design allows for passenger seat removal for additional storage space for oversized items. You will also find convenient behind-the-seat storage and spacious glove box. Storage is essential to working with a UTV, and the Prowler Pro delivers plenty.
A 1000-pound cargo box capacity is one of, if not the largest in class. This is coupled with a 2000 lb. towing capacity and 1500 pounds of payload. The Prowler Pro is ready and rated to tow or haul any and all implements and/or game with ease. The cab features a three person bench seat for work applications. Owners or operators can also easily set a customizable speed control to limit the maximum speed to anywhere between 25-50 mph.
The Prowler Pro is designed to be both durable and easy to maintain. Aggressively tested to more than 1000 hours by Textron Off Road group, the Prowler Pro has been put through its paces. It’s proven to withstand the rigors of a true working class vehicle in the harshest tasks and conditions. Tool-less access has been provided for many components like the clutch belt; oil filter; air filter; fuse box; and coolant system with easy-access panels.
OPTIONS & VERSATILITY
Textron Offroad already offers more than 50 custom-built, easily installed accessories including a truck-inspired cab; a heater kit; body protection; plows; gun scabbards and lighting. The Prowler Pro models come with pre-installed wiring for a variety of these accessories for an incredibly easy install. “Geared UP”, “Expedition”, and “Decked-Out” accessory packages offer great combinations of accessories at a discounted rate.
The Marsh Green Prowler Pro features standard rack-and-pinion steering and 12-inch steel wheels for $14,199 CAN.
The Prowler Pro XT comes in Dynamic Charcoal or Fire Red with electronic power steering and 14-inch machined aluminum wheels for $16,199 CAN.
SPECS: 2019 Prowler Pro & Prowler Pro XT
- Engine type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke, 3 cylinder DOHC, gas engine
- Displacement: 812cc
- Bore x stroke: 82mm x 80.2mm (x2)
- Horsepower: 50
- Induction: Closed loop EFI with
- Catalyst (x3)
- Starting/back-up: Electric/none
- Starting procedure: Turn ignition switch
- Air filter:
- Type: 2 Stage Paper pleat tool-less access
- Transmission: CVT w/column shifter (P,R,N,H,L)
- Drive system: Electronically actuated selectable 2WD/4WD w/selectable rear diff lock
- Final drives: Shafts
- Fuel capacity: 37.9 liters (10 gals)
- Wheelbase: 215.9 cm (85”)
- Overall length/width/height: 320 cm / 160 cm / 188 cm (126”/63”/74”)
- Ground clearance: 27.4 cm (10.75”)
- Seat Height: 81.3 cm (32inches)
- Claimed wet weight: 699 kg (1675 lbs.)
- Cargo Bed Capacity: 453.6 kg (1000 lbs.)
- Towing limit… 907 kg (2000 lbs.)
- Frame: Roll Formed ROPS w/ Structurally-Welded High Strength Steel
- Suspension/wheel travel:
- Front: Dual A-arm 254 mm (10”) of wheel travel gas charged twin tube shocks
- Rear: Dual A-arm 241 mm (9.5”) of wheel travel gas charged twin tube shocks
- Front: Hydraulic discs dual piston
- Rear: Hydraulic discs single piston
- Front: AT 26×10-12 Pro Terrain….14” on XT model
- Rear: AT 26×10-12 Pro Terrain…..14” on XT model
- Wheels: Steel…..Machined Aluminum on XT model
- DC Outlet…Console
- Stator: 75 amp alternator
- Front: 2 hi/lo Halogen headlights
- Rear: Dual LED brake/tail lights
- Instrumentation: Digital gauge, Digital Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Hi-Tem/Low-Batt Lights, On-Board Diagnostics
- Colors: Marsh Green….Fire Red & Dynamic Charcoal for the XT model
PRICE: $14,199 & $16,199 for the